Friday, August 12, 2011

A prop management co. expected me to pay for late fees from 3 years ago, but moved in a year ago?

They found a statement from '08 of whoever lived there having late fees and w/o doing any research tried getting us to pay. Upon telling them that these late fees have nothing to do with me, they told me they did because the house wasn't completely vacated and compared it to finding damage in a room and not reporting it. They found guy who needed to pay it, and did so, but acknowledged that no lease will be given due to the mess "we made" until the deposit is paid first. Upon mentioning to her that copying and pasting my name to a document that had nothing to do with me from '08 is considered fraud she shrieked "WHO CARES?" When I traded barbs telling her how rude and unprofessional she was told me "YOU HAVE 7 DAYS TO PAY THE DEPOSIT OR YOU'RE GONE! I'M HANGING UP!" Sorry its a little long, but seriously, how can you just paste someone's name to a statement from three years ago and try to pin these late fees on me? I wasn't even living in the same county 3 years ago lol. Any thoughts or who I can contact concerning this? I still have the attachment in e-mail of what she sent me. Mind you this was the owner of the property management co.

No comments:

Post a Comment